Sunday 5 June 2011

Featured Folksy Seller - Sophie Franck!

This month my Featured Folksy Seller is the talented Sophie Franck of The Trinket Box. Sophie's lovely shop is full of gorgeous jewellery!  I love her pieces which are textured with lace - beautiful!!
 

Large image
Floral Lace - Copper Pendant



1.Tell us a bit about yourself:
My name is Sophie. I'm 25 [nearly 26!], I work full-time as a Nursery Practitioner, but am also a self-employed jewellery maker/designer! If I could do my jewellery full-time I would. I absolutely love it.

2.What do you reach for first thing in the morning?

My phone, to turn the alarm onto snooze!

3.What’s better plain or milk chocolate?

Milk chocolate. 
Large image
Flower Pendant - Fine Silver


4.How did you discover that you have creative tendencies?
My Mum was always doing cross stitch when I was younger, and she encouraged me to do the same. I think it just evolved from there!

5.Where do you find your inspiration?

Everywhere! I couldn't say one main thing, but I guess I take a lot of inspiration from nature. I also love gathering all my supplies together infront of me, if I'm feeling a bity stuck for ideas. I find it really helps.

7.How did you come up with the ideas for the products in your Folksy shop?

Well, I'm quite a girlie girl, and I think my items show that! I love florals and I love lace..I use both of these a lot in my work. I guess I just make what I like! Hopefully others like it too!

8.What are you future plans for your work?

No immediate future plans really. I may start doing fingerprint jewellery soon, as I recently took a class in it.

9.What’s your favourite thing in the world and why?

I couldn't pick just one thing, honestly :) I think my current favourite thing is my diana mini. Pretty much in love with it! 


10.Can you share some of your favourite Folksy shops with us?

Thank you to Sophie for sharing some of her secrets with us.  I am sure your Folksy shop with grow from strength to strength and hopefully your dream of becoming a full-time Jewellery Designer will come true soon!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully put together - thank you Traceyann! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, and Sophie's work is fabulous! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. Please share your comments with me: