Monday 17 January 2011

FEATURED FOLKSY SELLER - HANDMADE BY ROSA LILY!

It's my pleasure to be feature Penny of HandmadebyRosaLily.  A very talented artist is creates beautiful items with a shabby chic and vintage theme...


Large image
Heart (Country) by Handmade by Rosa Lily
 1.Tell us a bit about yourself:  I was born in London and I’m married.  I currently live in Lincolnshire. 
 
2. What do you reach for first thing in the morning?  My husband?


 
3. What’s better plain or milk chocolate?  No contest – Milk Chocolate!

4. How did you discover that you have creative tendencies?  When I made a Father Christmas out of a loo roll at the age of five!  And I still have it!!

5. Where do you find your inspiration?  In my head mainly!  If I see something that is wacky, off the wall, weird or unusual I will probably like it and get inspired by it.

6. Do you have any role models/inspirations in the area of Design? If so, who and why?  I love shabby inspired design.  I especially that look in homes.  Show homes make me cringe!  Also I love a digital artist by the name of Itkupilli – weird and wonderful.


7. How did you come up with the ideas for the products in your Folksy shop?  I have had three previous shops all with a mixture of items, anything from cards to art to egg cosies!  I have worked with paper, felt, canvas, ceramic…the list goes on.  I would get bored if I had one main “line.”  I just cannot help trying anything and everything!!

8. What are you future plans for your work?  To expand my product range – a bit of everything all with an edge.  Also to concentrate on my website more.  I am moving this year so hopefully I will have more money to fill it up and advertise it properly! 


9. What’s your favourite thing in the world and why?  If it’s a “thing” – then a cats purr or a birdsong.  They both make me smile.

10. Can you share some of your favourite Folksy shops with us?  Wow, so many!  Diomo Glass & PantsAndPaper (who doesn’t like these?), TillyPepperArt, HarrietsImaginations, Mochalulu (all for their unusual artwork).


Large image
Heart Rustic/Shabby by Handmade by Rosa Lily
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. Please share your comments with me: